Colonna's Shipyard’s Helper to Mechanic Program (HTM) is a 5 year, 10,000-hour training program which is designed to develop entry-level helpers into our best well-rounded 1st class mechanics. Our program is recognized as the backbone of a well-trained workforce. Every effort is made to provide each HTM with opportunities to learn all the phases of a selected trade. This is done by job shadowing, which allows the HTM to perform in the various job assignments within the particular trade.
We have designed this program to select and develop quality, high-potential candidates into true craftsmen. Our skilled trade’s teams are among the best of the best in the industry.
• 18 years of age or older
• High school diploma OR GED
• Demonstrate a reasonable degree of mechanical, math, and verbal aptitude
• Must pass pre-employment to include a physical and drug test by company physician
• Physically able to perform the essential duties of the trade requested or assigned
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include:
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 401K, company match
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Legal Services
• Annual performance evaluations
• On-site Human Resources
• On-site gym
• Free and close proximity parking
• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes will be viewed and candidates will be contacted when we have an opening.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.